X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8SS
    started a topic Most recent model purchased

Most recent model purchased

With the expected influx of new models to come in 2004 and the anticipation of them by us all, I was just wondering what everyones most recent model purchase has been.
    Mine was the Murphy Clubsport minicar.

• spiderken17
    replied
    Yeah mine does that as well. In fact, years ago he couldn't get a good quality djr car for me so gave me one for free as he wasn't happy selling it to me but knew I needed one for my collection because I am a completist.

Leave a comment:

• viking
    replied
    That really sucks, my retailer pre checks all models and won't let them out the door unless they are right. On occasion he has said not to come in because it's not worth the effort, but never has he sold me a dud.

Leave a comment:

• MP4/22
    replied
    Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
    So I am still to receive my replacement EL model from Biante. Sent back the faulty one last Wednesday using an overnight courier to speed up the process instead of using their return Aus post label. They had a public holiday on the Friday and swapped over operating systems at that time so didn't get it out last week. Fair enough.

However the whole of this week it looks like they have held the car in the warehouse due to a backlog of orders apparently as I have had no shipping information or confirmation through email correspondences or my enquiries. I was told it would ship on Monday than maybe on Wednesday after I mentioned I was away next week so would of liked to receive before than so to not stretch this out for a third week.

To me it is really pathetic service after making a pre order, receiving a badly made product, and me sending it back at my cost in good faith to not get this resolved on their end ASAP.

After 18 years of business this will sadly be my last Biante purchase I think.

Totally ruined this release for me!
    Mate your doing better than me, my car is a mess, the bonnet is scratched to hell, decals are poorly placed, paint runs, and glue drops all over the place.

I re-opened my Facebook account; sent pictures as requested, and got nothing back... I even sent an email, still nothing, fair enough if Biante doesn't have a replacement - I just want my money back.

I got sucker-punched with the 95 Sandown car a few years back, nothing was learned, now this... I am about to walk from the hobby after 15 years and 200 cars, 80 were 1:18.

Leave a comment:

• Numark83
    replied
    Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
    the detail is exellent. rear parcel shelf straps and aswell.
    Yeah, the parcel tray raises and lowers as you open the boot!

Leave a comment:

• Socony
    replied
    I agree, I hope there's some more EF/EL's announced soon. There is sooo many that could be done
    Bowe Championship winner
    Seton Championship winner
    Bowe car #1
    Seton car#1
    Larkham Mitre 10
    Jones Komatsu
    Bowe last win car
    Longhurst Castrol etc

Leave a comment:

• biante2326
    replied
    Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
    So I am still to receive my replacement EL model from Biante. Sent back the faulty one last Wednesday using an overnight courier to speed up the process instead of using their return Aus post label. They had a public holiday on the Friday and swapped over operating systems at that time so didn't get it out last week. Fair enough.

However the whole of this week it looks like they have held the car in the warehouse due to a backlog of orders apparently as I have had no shipping information or confirmation through email correspondences or my enquiries. I was told it would ship on Monday than maybe on Wednesday after I mentioned I was away next week so would of liked to receive before than so to not stretch this out for a third week.

To me it is really pathetic service after making a pre order, receiving a badly made product, and me sending it back at my cost in good faith to not get this resolved on their end ASAP.

Also sorry to hear this for you Pug and I hope it gets sorted for you soon but understand totally how all this can ruin it all for you especially waiting years and years for the DJR EL in 1/18 to come out only to receive all this.

For me and I know everyone is different but if I was in your situation even if its not the best I would still keep on buying a Biante product but instead of pre ordering through them, find a good retailer or store and pre order that way even though you get the discounts from being a member a store can also give one as well maybe not the same as Biante and the stores are good to work with they will sort the situation straight away unlike the this you have experienced with the EL and before that the Retro FG X.

I had a recent situation where I got as per on this forum and page a very poor and bad quality Winterbottom/Canto Bathurst Cobra FG X and the store was really great in going through there stock to find me the best one out of the stock they had and sent the replacement straight way with out waiting for me to return the other model first which as a customer that is the best service you could ever ask for.

Anyways here is my Shell DJR EL that arrived from my retailer just in the last couple of days, very happy and the quality of it and detail a fantastic model well worth the wait after 22 years since Classics did the 1/43s of the DJR EL. Now to greedy and hope for more 1/18s ELs to be announced soon and EFs hint hint Biante

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191004_160826.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.2 KB ID:	654278Click image for larger version  Name:	20191004_160924.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	654279Click image for larger version  Name:	20191004_160851.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	654280Click image for larger version  Name:	20191004_161344.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	654281Click image for larger version  Name:	20191004_161532.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	654282
    Last edited by biante2326; 06-10-2019, 05:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nrma dave
    replied
    the detail is exellent. rear parcel shelf straps and aswell.

Leave a comment:

• Numark83
    replied
    Sorry to hear, Pug. I hope it gets resolved soon.

I received my Autoart Focus RS last week and cannot fault it, it was expensive but owning it makes me happy!

Photos below.

Leave a comment:

• Pug205
    replied

Last edited by Pug205; 04-10-2019, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nrma dave
    replied
    Originally posted by Numark83 View Post

Amazing, Dave.
    Cheers mate.

Leave a comment:

• Numark83
    replied
    Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
    i really wanted the CAT EL in 1/18 as i made a code3 in 1/43 but i couldnt afford it after i baught this...see image.
    Amazing, Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Numark83
    replied
    Originally posted by spanner View Post
    My two also arrived today.
    The Shell car is absolutely fantastic! The Cat is also great but some of the decals / printing isn't quite as good as the Shell model..
    Still I'm wrapped they both came today and that the Cat car finally made it to us.
    Welcome Spanner! Looks like some great adds you have there

Leave a comment:

• spanner
    replied
    My two also arrived today.
    The Shell car is absolutely fantastic! The Cat is also great but some of the decals / printing isn't quite as good as the Shell model..
    Still I'm wrapped they both came today and that the Cat car finally made it to us.

Leave a comment:

• biante2326
    replied
    Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
    These two arrived in the mail today. My Shell EL is great, i cannot fault it and my CAT EL only has a small amount of white missing on the writing
    one side that I can easily touch up. I have not been this excited about a model (or two) for a while. I am especially excited about the CAT car as it one of my favourites and I never thought it would get made.

. Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	121.4 KB ID:	654233

Nice one Ken they look awesome together both the ELs; can't wait now and very excited to get both of those soon as have the DJR EL on its way to me from my retailer and Drew02 who ordered me one at Expo has received it so looks like both will arrive next week hopefully before Bathurst to me well maybe the CAT EL after Bathurst but still excited to get them after seeing your photo.

I agree with you that CAT EL is an awesome looking livery and car and glad they made it as well in a model car even if it was a Diecast Expo model.

I now hope it wont be too long before Biante announce more EF and ELs now that these 2 are released but having said that the Apex Seton and Jones EF 1996 Bathurst cars are still to be released yet so maybe we will have to wait to after those for more announcements.

I also read on Facebook the Biante have changed the foam box as well so the cars are no longer screwed in and there is a lip at the front so the cars have to removed from the back first to remove them.

Could you please post a photo of the foam box so I have an idea what they look like now as I'm assuming it's both the CAT and Shell ELs that have it thanks.
    Last edited by biante2326; 27-09-2019, 04:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X