No announcement yet.

2018 V8 Rumours & Gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think that the series does nothing for the manufacturers, if it did Toyota would be on 5% market share and Holden would be leaders.

Comment

I'm eager to see what will happen with the diecast versions of the Mustang. Will Apex and Authentic Collectables continue to make Tickford and DJRTP models respectively, or will Tickford come over to Authentic Collectables as well?

I'm also interested to see what will happen to the liveries of both of these teams now Ford Performance will officially be involved again. There's next to no blue on any of their liveries - save for the Orrcon steel and OVO mobile logos. It's also weird to have the leading Holden team in blue and the leading Ford team in red...

Comment

Personally i have never cared what colour the teams are. It really only came to a head a decade ago when the Ford exec apparently made some comment about djr and T888 being the wrong colour or something like that. DJR (in its current form) have pretty never been blue. Sponsors dictate the colours of the cars and that will be most teams primary concerns regarding car colours.

Comment

What about when the Ford Dealer Falcons were red in the late 60s early 70s. I think this blue was started by Dick Johnson XC and the red from Brock Marlboro days

Comment

My only livery concern is how will they fit the car number, driver name, and series sponsors on the side windows now!!!

Comment

About time Whincup got penalised for something. Great drive by Rick. A lot of people would probably say it was a boring race but I thought it was a high pressure race. Great driving by Scott to force his way pass but those Holden are damn fast in a straight line. Overall a good race.

Comment

Fantastic weekend for Mclaughlin, apart from the Coulthard DSQ in qualifying I couldn't be more happy with how this weekend went. Thank you Scottie for the great birthday present to my Son!

Comment

Good drive by Scotty Mac. He has matured a lot from last year thats for sure.

Comment

Obviously the results helped my opinion of the race but I thought it looked pretty entertaining. Saying that I was away for the weekend so only got to watch the highlight packages tonight.

Comment

What was the reasoning for swapping the pits to the inside at barbagello again? After seeing the two rear end contacts in todayís race, surely itís only a matter of time until thereís a massive incident?

Comment

probably bigger more room

Comment

Not sure why pit entry couldn't have been up the straight before the corner?

Comment

Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                            Not sure why pit entry couldn't have been up the straight before the corner?
                            there is one before the corner but i think the transition time was posibly going to put cars a lap down,

Comment

Originally posted by nrma dave View Post

there is one before the corner but i think the transition time was posibly going to put cars a lap down,
                              Skaife said on commentary today that if they entered before the corner they are at such a high speed, that there was a danger if someone lost control and hit the grass they would end up flying back over the track again after the final corner and it was too dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post

Skaife said on commentary today that if they entered before the corner they are at such a high speed, that there was a danger if someone lost control and hit the grass they would end up flying back over the track again after the final corner and it was too dangerous.
                                thats very posible. its an awkward corner for pit entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X