Clear All

• fordmad17
    started a topic 2018 V8 Rumours & Gossip

2018 V8 Rumours & Gossip

McLaughlin crash from the sydney Test Day

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/18...testing-crash/

• Pug205
    replied
    A win each between Scott and SVG and the point difference stays the same which is a pretty fair result for the weekend. Only lose to take place was another hit to the reputation of race control and to the sportsmanship of 888.

So a pretty good weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Waynestr
    replied
    Surely both RBR and Whingcup should be fined, and points deducted for bad sportsmanship for not allowing their car/driver to race to their full capabilities. Try that sort of stunt in horse racing and you've got a big fine, and long holiday. Obviously in V8 supercrap,the best driver in the fastest car is not a priority.
    Last edited by Waynestr; 04-11-2018, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spiderken17
    replied
    Yeah! Good driving by Scotty to hold off Whincup. I was hoping SVG would finish further back than that after the slow pit stop. Speaking of which i can't believe djr didnt drop Fabs in front of Shane during that stop. That could have helped.

Leave a comment:

• Pug205
    replied
    Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Worst thing he did was parking him in. That was a dog act. My respect for Shane just got lower. There is racing hard and then theres just being a dick.
    Yeah pretty much sums it up. Whincup and Roland in his older age are the only ones at Red Bull who can win and lose with a degree of humility and class

Leave a comment:

• azzaford17
    replied
    Originally posted by Waynestr View Post

And your surprised?????? We cant punish 888 can we, that would be sacrelig.
    no not surprised.....consistency is a the dirty C word when RBR is concerned. .Rules for 23 cars and different rules for 3 others

Leave a comment:

• spiderken17
    replied
    Worst thing he did was parking him in. That was a dog act. My respect for Shane just got lower. There is racing hard and then theres just being a dick.

Leave a comment:

• Waynestr
    replied
    Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
    no penalty for SVG!!!!!!! WTF while I don't agree that the offence warrants a penalty, rules are rules. No rules.....anarchy....cmon supercars show some!
    And your surprised?????? We cant punish 888 can we, that would be sacrelig.

Leave a comment:

• azzaford17
    replied
    no penalty for SVG!!!!!!! WTF while I don't agree that the offence warrants a penalty, rules are rules. No rules.....anarchy....cmon supercars show some!

Leave a comment:

• spiderken17
    replied
    Confirmed Frosty is leaving Tickford. I hope he doesnt go to Team 18, not because its a Holden but because its a piece of junk that breaks down all the time.

Leave a comment:

• James3592
    replied
    Just announced this morning that Tim Blanchard is out. Macauley Jones tipped to take #21 over.

Leave a comment:

• azzaford17
    replied
    Has all gone quiet on the driver merry go round for 2019?

Leave a comment:

• Minno
    replied
    Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post

Well it won't happen next year. As the race will be finished by 3pm.
    VASC will still find a way to blow it.

Leave a comment:

• fordmad17
    replied
    Originally posted by SDK View Post
    The non race yesterday was a joke. They knew that weather was coming and should have started it in place of the Porsche race. Organisers can hang their heads.
    Well it won't happen next year. As the race will be finished by 3pm.

Leave a comment:

• Numark83
    replied
    Originally posted by Waynestr View Post
    Seems strange that when Dumbrell takes #17 out, no penalty awarded, but when #17 took Lowndes out at Newcastle last year , #17 gets a penalty, and it costs him the championship. Roland must be the luckiest team owner there is. I can see why he never whinges,,,,,, much.
    It was strange that it was declared only a racing incident, but IMO those two incidents aren't a fair comparison. If #17s damage was more substantial, perhaps the outcome would've been different. Either way, DJRTP got it right in the pits on Saturday, RBHRT didn't, and now Scotty has the Championship lead back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X