• fordmad17
    started a topic 2018 V8 Rumours & Gossip

2018 V8 Rumours & Gossip

McLaughlin crash from the sydney Test Day

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/18...testing-crash/

• Get_Over_It
    replied
    Originally posted by Socony View Post
    888 racing 1-2-3. I can't see anyway that is good for the sport. They completely crushed everyone else. One team on the podium isn't a good look.
    Totally 100% agree :

I am a Holden / Brock / Lowndes fan - But have always enjoyed close racing : Sandown "Domination" isn't good for anyone.

Maybe, they need to re-run their tests agains a current ZB Commodore & Falcon & Nissan just to see where the parity has gone wrong. OR, has Triple 8's engine builder just "found" something. Remember Shane's starts - Even Dumbrell's start was good.
    Last edited by Get_Over_It; 18-09-2018, 04:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• spiderken17
    replied
    Yeah I reckon T888 went to town on the ZB to get it this fast and did a lot of development. DJR didn't suddenly get crap, they are still ahead of the rest of the field T888 have just built a better mousetrap. I'm sad to say that I reckon last year was Scotties chance to win the title against the VF as both Falcons and Commodores were at a similar development point in their life. This year I don't know how much development is left in the FG-x whereas the ZB is at the at the beginning of its development so its only going to get faster. I hope the Mustang levels the playing field.

Leave a comment:

• Socony
    replied
    888 racing 1-2-3. I can't see anyway that is good for the sport. They completely crushed everyone else. One team on the podium isn't a good look.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac33
    replied
    Question: instead of just saying a co-driver has to do a certain number of laps, do they need to tweak it a bit and say they need to do the minimum laps in at least two stints that are seperated by a full-time drivers stint? In my opinion it is a little stale that the co-drivers just do their minimum laps in one go at the start and then the full-time drivers do the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Pug205
    replied
    Think it is more to do with 888 getting on top of the new Commodore combined with its superior aero more than anything. I don't see Scottie being able to beat them here on out sadly. It isn't helped that he has no back up from his teammate either! The guy has been a lone gunman all year against the 3 888 cars plus Reynolds.

Leave a comment:

• fordmad17
    replied
    I hope I'm wrong but I don't think McLaughlin will win the Championship this year as DJRTP have seemed to dropped the ball. Why since Qld raceway have they been off the pace or is it the Redbull have just gain a lot. It seems since Ludo started playing around with the rear wing things are going backwards.
    Even Skaife and Ingall said they would bounce right back and be on top but they are struggling. Look how easy it was for Whincup to catch and pass them yesterday. If it wasn't for the rain Dumbrell would have romped away with the co divers race. Whincup is coming and I think he will overhaul these points and win his 8th title.
    I hope I'm wrong but thats my gut feeling.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac33
    replied
    Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
    As far as I know, No they are not. But they are doing something regarding team uniforms
    Well that's a shame. I know Redbulll backed cars struggle to find something retro but there's been plenty of Autobarn liveries in the past.

I'm not a massive fan of Erebus but love their retro liveries this year!

Leave a comment:

• fordmad17
    replied
    As far as I know, No they are not. But they are doing something regarding team uniforms

Leave a comment:

• bigmac33
    replied
    Does anyone know if T8 are doing retro cars for any of the three cars? Lowndes has done one each year but haven't seen anything yet.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac33
    replied
    Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
    Correct. One race 300ks 300 pts. Bring it on.
    Cheers. Itís kind of a bittersweet situation. Tonight should be amazing but nothing tomorrow isnít awesome.

Leave a comment:

• fordmad17
    replied
    Correct. One race 300ks 300 pts. Bring it on.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac33
    replied
    Is there a reason thereís no race tomorrow? Is it because of the late finish tonight?

Leave a comment:

• fordmad17
    replied
    Loving the way the cars look at night. Looks like Chaz might be back. That will spice things up abit. The Redbull cars did not look comfortable so it should be a good race.

Leave a comment:

• spolyhronidis
    replied
    if Lowndes is going to come out and emphatically deny the story, then i am foolish enough to believe he is telling the truth. Having said that, i never believed Ian Thorpe when he denied the rumours about his sexuality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X