No announcement yet.

2018 Model EXPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, my OCD had an epic battle with my wallet but in the end the wallet won out, he had a little help from my not-big-enough display cabinets. When DJR became DJRTP I stopped collecting every car released in 1:18. It was becoming too hard financially and space wise, Seemed like a good bookend as well. I am just getting a couple of cars that I like each season now.
    I worked out that since they became DJR there are seven 2015 cars, fourteen (!) 2016 cars, six 2017 cars (eight if they do last years retro cars) and however many they make for this season. Its four at the moment but i'm hoping for a Bathurst and champ winning car
    Especially this year and last if you have them all there is an awful lot of Shell cars that look almost identical.

Comment

• I had the same realisation many years back spiderken, so I rationalised back to bathurst winners and occasional race cars of interest (an au, rx7, m3 and that sort of thing ) because there's just too much that really means nothing to me.

Comment

• Yeah, i also colllect random cars that i like. We're lucky with the amount of cool cars coming out, although i have been waiting ages for the Perkins Enzed VK now (hint hint nudge nudge Julian)

Comment

• As per previous Expo's, we have a very exclusive low run model for Expo volunteer/special contributor's. The HDT VC Commodore is finished in Satin Black and only 100 models are produced. These special models will be given to all the hard working volunteers and Expo special contributors. During the expo you will have chances to win one of these rare beauties. Due to the minimum production run of 100(previous expo 60) we will have a small quantity available to purchase during Expo.

Comment

• I know criticism of models is a touchy subject, but I'd just like to say that I believe that with this model the tyre pressures are too high.

Comment

• Originally posted by viking View Post
              I know criticism of models is a touchy subject, but I'd just like to say that I believe that with this model the tyre pressures are too high.
              lol

I used to say the same thing about when the Brock VL race cars were produced in 1:18 - But everyone else disagreed ??

Last edited by Get_Over_It; 21-09-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• When I first saw samples I thought they looked a little tall, but when I googled pics of standard VC HDT cars, I think its quite to scale?

Comment

• Can I per order mine now Sir.
                  Last edited by wazza002; 23-09-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Lol, No pre orders on Expo models!
                    But we will impose buying limits on some models Saturday to make sure we give all registered attendees the chance to buy one first.

Comment

• Is there a Colin Bond expo Model to be announced yet?

Comment

• Yes a 1:43 scale model that both Brock and Bond drove separately. It will come with different numbers as waterslide decals and you can choose which driver number you prefer.

Comment

• Ok It must be the same as the ACE model thats just been announced in 1/18. The Torana Sports Sedan.

Comment

• Just to make sure everyone knows!

During the Sandown 500 event I was informed that Scott McLaughlin was not able to make it to the 2018 Expo. I was rather devastated, but I knew I wanted to come up with something that would turn this feeling around.

Official statement from DJR Team Penske:

"Unfortunately, we have some bad news regarding this years Diecast Model Expo.

Due to a scheduling clash, Scott McLaughlin will be unable to attend this years Diecast Model Expo due to updated Team testing commitments.

We apologise for this late change, but hope that you enjoy the Scott McLaughlin models that Authentic Collectables have produced for the event and the Expo itself"

So working hard on this with Authentic Collectables, we now have this guy called Dick Johnson attending this years Expo!
                            Dick Johnson will have a signing/photo session on Sunday in the main expo room.

Comment

• Thats unfortunate that Scotty cannot make it, he must have a million sponsor related things to do these days. Great work getting Dick on board though, he is even harder to catch up with these days so i am sure he will make a great replacement.

Comment

• The Mustangs have landed!

Comment

Working...
                                X