Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the CC Efijy have a 'best before date'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the CC Efijy have a 'best before date'?

How many of you guys who own an 1/18 scale Efijy has had a good look at the paintwork? Everyone seem to have a problem, in between my presentations at the Expo I was looking through the trader rooms hunting for that bargain. Out of the 6 Efijy's that were for sale all 6 had paint issues, mine has it and 4 others I looked at since coming back all have it. If rumour is fact and Bainte does have a tooling for this item I would suggest that they have feasibility study A.S.A.P.
    Out of the 6600 produced for cc how may are still good? 500? Who knows..
    Lets have a count, and l'lI start; 1...

Hey mate, would you be Rob? I don't have an Effigy but a heap of my old Biante XD and XE's have paint issues which is a common problem with them. from memory its actually the metal underneath affecting the paint.

Comment

I have one, and it looks OK to me. What are these 'paint issues'? Diecast cancer, lifting paint, discoloration ?

Comment

Yeah it's me Rob. it looks to be some sort of contamination between the casting and the paint, I have seen it over the years on some cars like what 'spiderken17' on the XDS and XE'S , but the odd 1 or 2. This in the Efijy seems to be so many with in that release. why?

Comment

The '72 Bathurst winner is another good example with the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
            The '72 Bathurst winner is another good example with the same problem.
            Biante not Classics

Comment

It doesn't matter who makes it. It has the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by moas View Post
                I have one, and it looks OK to me. What are these 'paint issues'? Diecast cancer, lifting paint, discoloration ?
                Is this problem a 'secret', because I have the Biante '72 BW also, and can't see any defects ÖÖÖÖ.and I am wearing my glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by moas View Post

Is this problem a 'secret', because I have the Biante '72 BW also, and can't see any defects ÖÖÖÖ.and I am wearing my glasses.
                  Its paint lifting or bubbling on the bonnet mainly. Quite common on the 72 BW. If yours is ok you are lucky to have a good one.

Comment

Thanks. I'm lucky. I recently re-arranged my display cabinet, and all my models are still in as new condition. A couple are 20 years old now.
                    Except for a big US pickup, brand forgotten, that I bought for grandson, and within a few years it looked like it had acne. He was most upset about it.

Comment

some of the early CC 1/43 bowe johnson brick ef/el's ive stripped for code 3's have bubbling when raw. when i sanded them they had voids which i filled with spot putty. only ones ive seen in 1/43.

Comment

Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                        It doesn't matter who makes it. It has the same problem.
                        Never seen a Classics 28C with paint problem

Comment

Its a biante. Was giving an example of another with the same paint problem. What you being smart or something.

Comment

Some of the early Biante maroon HT monaros have bubbles. Mine has but thatís the worst Iíve seen. Iíve had it in the box for close to 4 years now since getting g it so who knows what itís like now

Comment

Some of the early Biante maroon HT monaros have bubbles. Mine has but thatís the worst Iíve seen. Iíve had it in the box for close to 4 years now since getting g it so who knows what itís like now

Comment

Working...
                              X