2019 V8 rumours and gossip.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 V8 rumours and gossip.

Been on the forum for 10 years, about time I started a new thread.
    So here goes, I think that once again I'll get to watch 3 or 4 races on TV, probably sleep thru 3/4 of the Bathurst telecast, buy a model of the winner, and maybe will get up to Winton if it's on the calendar.

WELL WELL, What are they doing at GRM. G.T has been put out to pasture and Stanaway has taken his seat.

I hope the new sponsor is paying a lot of dough, to fix all the damages.

Comment

New sponsor at GRM, or probably closer to new owner is the guy who owns Boost Mobile. Lots of cash there.

Comment

Holy Moly! didn't see that coming. Sucks for GT as he didn't get a big farewell tour like CL did. The Boost guy has stated that he wants to build his brand name like Red Bull have and I reckon he wants some young guys to pin his brand name on and GRM needed a new primary sponsor. The Boost deal likely included having Stanaway as driver.
        GT will be highly sought after as a co-driver I reckon, he is still very good.

Comment

Well that took all of 2 seconds for GT to be snapped up as a co-driver. Him and SVG will be as tough to beat as Lowndes/Whincup.

Comment

T8 didn't muck around snapping GT up

Comment

I wonder if we might see Steven Richards back at GRM? They could probably do with some experience come endure time.

Comment

Auto Action is reporting that Mega Fuels will take up the WAU major sponsor slot vacated by Boost mobile.

Time will tell if this turns out to be correct...

Comment

Saw the team 18 transporter today heading from coffs and last saw it surfers paradise way. Top signage gone but bottom trailer sponsors still there.

Comment

Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
                    Saw the team 18 transporter today heading from coffs and last saw it surfers paradise way. Top signage gone but bottom trailer sponsors still there.
                    I just read this morning that they are testing at qld and getting the car handed over to to team 18 on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
                      Thought I read IRWIN tools had come on as major sponsor now that Preston Hire stepped down. Could be wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post

Thought I read IRWIN tools had come on as major sponsor now that Preston Hire stepped down. Could be wrong though...
                        You would be correct there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post

You are correct as drew said. Just a plain black tractor and plain top of trailer. Rear chrome dress peice saying team 18.

Comment

It hasn't been announced yet though but I reckon Frosty's Co driver will be Steve Richards. Richards has just said he has a drive. Keeps him in the T8 circle as well.

Comment

As soon as I read that I thought Richo might end up at Team18. Part of Frosty coming on board probably included a decent co-driver and Richo is a pretty reliable steerer plus he and Frosty did OK at Bathurst in 2013
                              It helps that Team18 have T888 gear so he would be up to speed pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X