No announcement yet.

2019 V8 rumours and gossip.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penrite/Erebus Launch on Sunday 10th at Fed square for anyone interested.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2488635547832975/

Comment

So Caruso is out at Nissan. Basically it looks like unless you are a superstar or bring money to the table you cannot get a drive anymore. Caruso is out, Tander is out, Holdsworth only just got a seat, last year it looked like Davo was out. All the drivers that got picked up on pure talent years ago cannot compete with the new drivers who bring sponsorship to the table. Its a shame as its not necessarily the best drivers on the grid just the ones with the best personal sponsorship. Put Caruso, Tander or Holdsworth in the same machinery as some of these young drivers with money and they would do way better times. I know its the way of racing these days but it still sucks.

Comment

So Ingall has been punted the Fox broadcast. It will be now a complete 888 lovefest between Skaife and Lowndes. While I wasn't a great fan of his driving, he did bring some unbiased opinions to the commentary box, calling a spade a spade. Looks like the Eastern ck incident with Skaife finally bit him. It will be interesting to see how much access rival teams give Lowndes in his role with Fox along with driving duties.

Comment

The Mustangs definately look better in race colours. The Monster car is all black so some of the iffy proportions are hidden while DJR did what i hoped and used horizontal lines to help "lower" the car and make it look sleeker. I hope te remaining Tickford cars look good as well.

Comment

Wonder how long till the Waters car is renamed "The Greeneyed Monster"

Comment

Simona's Livery reminds me of the Jim Beam Liveries

Comment

That Supercheap Mustang is all kinds of ugly. Way too many colours and lacking any cohesiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
                  That Supercheap Mustang is all kinds of ugly. Way too many colours and lacking any cohesiveness.
                  Got to agree there. All kinds of strange. Not pretty at all

Comment

I also think the BottleO and Milwaukee Mustangs have good colours but have the designs dont work on the Mustang, making them look kind of "soft". I think the Mustang will be really tough to design a scheme for to hide its atrange proportions. The Djr and Monster cars look best to me.

Comment

Quite interesting in the test that if you go by the sector times which is what the teams go by not to look so fast is that Car 17 and Car 12 were on top.
                      So if you look at the fastest time set by Waters of a 1.30.7265 and going by sectors McLaughlin smashed it with a 1.30.3053

Top 10 by sectors times

1 McLaughlin 1.30.3053
                      2 Coulthard 1.30.6064
                      3 Waters 1.30.6739
                      4 De Pasquale 1.30.7224
                      5 Mostert 1.30.7306
                      6 Reynolds 1.30.9014
                      7 Pye 1.30.9426
                      8 Courtney 1.30.9505
                      9 Kelly 1.30.9510
                      10 Davison 1.31.0066

Comment

the rear wing on the mustangs looks way too big in relation to the rest of the car.

Comment

It's no surprise that the SCA Mustang isn't easy on the eye - look at the amount of logo's and colours it features! I think that's one of the more simpler SCA liveries I've ever seen, it's just the amount of sponsors which are busy.

Both #5 and #55 are much simpler than last year's efforts, likely to do with the amount of time building the car rather than thinking through the livery. I'm curious to see more of the #5 car though, seems more white than green across the rear. I would've used a black line to follow the window line down to the wing, with green underneath it and white on the boot.
                          Last edited by Numark83; 15-02-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry to all the muzzy lovers,still looks like a Porche even liveried up

Comment

Working...
                            X