No announcement yet.

2019 V8 rumours and gossip.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the bend 500 ??? the most boring track in australia.

Comment

2nd most boring to me. QLD raceway is far from exciting either on tv or at the track.

Comment

So, when do we all expect that Chaz comes to the good side and signs with WAU, bringing his Supercheap money with him?

Comment

I still don't know why he would want to. Their cars are midfield perfomers at best. At least the Tickford cars are towards the pointy end of the field.

Comment

Agree Ken, biggest career killer in Supercar history if he is actually going to go through with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
              Agree Ken, biggest career killer in Supercar history if he is actually going to go through with it.
              Mega sponsorship is officially gone. All the ducks are lining up. I don't completely understand the reasons either, but I'll be happy to see him in a Holden.

Comment

I dont think losing the Mega sponsorship is a good thing. Its never ideal to lose a major sponsor mid season. Look what happened to DJR when Wespoint went belly up in 2005 mid season. Without one of their major sponsors they will have a much reduced budget which will impact their development and race speed this year which will in turn affect where they're at at the beginning of next season. Its not a coincidence that the two top teams in Supercars are the two with the healthiest budgets. There is also no guarantee that SCA sponsorship is going with Chaz if he goes. I doubt they want to sponsor mid pack cars when they have been up the front of the field lately.
                Also, WAU will find it harder to afford Chaz without the Mega sponsorship, i would think he was offered a hefty wage to lure him away from Tickford.
                Last edited by spiderken17; 07-09-2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Bathurst is starting at 11:30 this year! It may as well be lunchtime. What a ridiculous idea. If it runs long it will go well into the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
                    Bathurst is starting at 11:30 this year! It may as well be lunchtime. What a ridiculous idea. If it runs long it will go well into the evening.
                    Just think in 5 or so years time it will be just an afternoon sprint race.

Comment

• Back in the day when I used to go up, I could leave after the race to get back to Melbourne and go to work Monday. Couldn't do that with a 1130 am start

Comment

• This year is my first ever time camping at the race so now instead of getting up early to drive to Bathurst to make the race start, I will have to spend the Sunday morning killing even more time trackside!

Comment

Working...
                        X