Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Cheeses You Off?

This is what really cheeses me off!
    My 20 yr old son has been pulled over by the cops on two separate occassions for having a monster tacho mounted on the top right hand corner of his dash.
    OK Fair enough it does obscure vision to some extent, but what about the multitude of vehicles that have fuzzy dice, string beads or ethnic flags swinging off the rear vision mirror??
    Saw a car yesterday with a huge Hawaiin Lei dangling from the mirror and two sizeable stuffed animals sitting on the dash.
    WHAT THE!!
    I can feel a ministerial coming on.

id say its not so much the fact that it obscures vision, but more that because its a tacho, they assume it means he (your son) is a rev head, its just like people being picked on because they have 'hotted up' commodores.

Comment

Chups, you are so right it's not funny.............even down to the HOT COMMODORE!!

Comment

Biante

Comment

in1way,

My 22yo son has had his VL turbo since August and hasn't been bothered by the police at all. He must be just lucky...

What is your son's car??

Comment

Now B4 i say what is to follow,,, let me state that it's not in anyway degrading your son's desires in1way....
            My thoughts on these monster tachos is that they are absolutely useless...(unless you are using the vehicle in competition )
            For the young guys they are just a w-nk factor....
            I mean to say I have had tachos in my older cars when I was young... but hey they were a 1/4 the size of some of these monster tachs. especially the ones with the shift light etc...
            I have factory fitted tachos in all 3 vehicles here and I must admit that i vary rarely glance at it for anything significant.... maybe the only one that I do ref to is in the 4x4 when out 4x4 driving... and mind you reving can get abit excessive when you are playing on these days...... anyhow...like I said at the top.... no way am I knocking you young fella for his fetishes....

r/ Tys

p.s... I agree the boys in blue can get abit harsh with a young persons car.... most of us have been there, done that...

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiecollector
              Biante
              Still contributing useful input I see Aussiecollector..NOT.

Comment

Free country Trevor, its a discussion forum not a closed Biante Kiss up.

Maybe if you did not feel the need to comment about every reply or thread that some people write about Biante Products then some of us would not be so negative towards you. What its about, it must be what I said about the commodores in a thread on the weekend because I have not been contributed for weeks.

If it is where is the negativity in stating the facts. Did I defame your company NO. Grow up, listen to what your customers are saying instead of telling us what you want us to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty
                  in1way,

My 22yo son has had his VL turbo since August and hasn't been bothered by the police at all. He must be just lucky...

What is your son's car??
                  The car in question is a V8 VS, he sold it a couple of month's ago because of the hassles.................but get this, he now has a worked 200SX that would eat the Commodore.............?????

Comment

Originally posted by Xcesiv308
                    Now B4 i say what is to follow,,, let me state that it's not in anyway degrading your son's desires in1way....
                    My thoughts on these monster tachos is that they are absolutely useless...(unless you are using the vehicle in competition )
                    For the young guys they are just a w-nk factor....
                    I mean to say I have had tachos in my older cars when I was young... but hey they were a 1/4 the size of some of these monster tachs. especially the ones with the shift light etc...
                    I have factory fitted tachos in all 3 vehicles here and I must admit that i vary rarely glance at it for anything significant.... maybe the only one that I do ref to is in the 4x4 when out 4x4 driving... and mind you reving can get abit excessive when you are playing on these days...... anyhow...like I said at the top.... no way am I knocking you young fella for his fetishes....

r/ Tys

p.s... I agree the boys in blue can get abit harsh with a young persons car.... most of us have been there, done that...
                    I totally agree, it was an ugly bloody thing with yes a shift light.
                    He now has a very nice 200SX with a small tacho.............only trouble with it is it's lightning fast..................I should never have got him involved in karting!!

Comment

Re: What CHEESES 'YOU' OFF??

Originally posted by in1way
                      This is what really cheeses me off!
                      My 20 yr old son has been pulled over by the cops on two separate occassions for having a monster tacho mounted on the top right hand corner of his dash.
                      OK Fair enough it does obscure vision to some extent, but what about the multitude of vehicles that have fuzzy dice, string beads or ethnic flags swinging off the rear vision mirror??
                      Saw a car yesterday with a huge Hawaiin Lei dangling from the mirror and two sizeable stuffed animals sitting on the dash.
                      WHAT THE!!
                      I can feel a ministerial coming on.
                      Boy oh boy, what a can of worms this could open.

These thoughts are mine, and do not necessarily represent the group quoted.

On the side of the police: make your presence known, so that hopefully you prevent a young person writing themselves off against a lamp post, or tree, or another vehicle. You are also bound by the law, and are obliged to act where you see something which is unlawful. Fuzzy dice, would be treated, and are treated just like that monster tacho of your son's. I would also like to add, that some of the latest truck mirrors, should also be illegal. They can hide so much!

Also, we are so often where the police are not. If we want more police, we will have to pay more taxes. More police will mean less offenders, and less revenue, so their wages have to come from somewhere.

Your son doesn't have a right to drive a car. He chose to get a license, and a car, and he should also conform to the laws attached to these items.

And what is the reason for this monster tacho? Doesn't he know when to change gear? He could always install a rev limiter. I've got one on my motorbike, and I can change gears without hitting that limiter and not be any slower. And why does he need to be so precise with his gear changes? He's not racing, is he? If he is, why can't he make it removable, so that once he is off the race track, he can take the tacho off, because he doesn't need it on the road, right?

I've had a lot of dealings with the police, and while I was against them when I was young, and inexperienced, I now realise they are only doing what we want them to do.

There are those, that drive hotted up cars sensibly, and there are cops that want to have a closer look at these hotted up cars, because they have a genuine interest in them, and one of the perks is they can pull up any of these cars, lawfully, and get a better look.

Does anyone in Melbourne remember the cops here creating their own beast, to put up against everyone else at the drags? Their car had a name, but I can't remember it. Do they still have one? And I bet they got a lot of ideas, from cars that they had pulled up.

I have found, that if you haven't been too bad, and you treat the cops like fellow human beings, you walk away feeling ok, not pissed off.

For example, I was pinged for doing 121kph on a freeway in a truck. The copper could have done me for speeding in a heavy vehicle, which attracts double points, but he didn't. I was speeding, I got caught, I fully expected to pay a price, but diplomacy got me off with a 50% discount.

I'm sure a lot of us have stories like this one.

Comment

No offence to anyone, but those Monster Tachos ARE a w.nk. My nephew has one on his (cop this) BARINA! Standard Barina, at that. I'm a 20-year professional Courier-Driver, my Hiace has a Factory Tacho, I use it. My previous Hiace didn't, & as the Van before that did have one (& most of my Cars as well ) I really missed it. So a VDO 2 inch Tacho in a "Pod" housing went neatly on top of the steering column, right in my eyeline to the dash but NOT blocking anything. I used it constantly as a check against "feel" & "sound", just as I do today. I still have that Tacho, it gave me 9 years of faultless service, but unfortunately is not adjustable (4,6 or 8 etc) so it's in storage until needed.
                        Bottom line is, you don't need anything like those Monsters for street use, I've never had bigger than a 3 inch, & 2 inch is perfectly practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiecollector
                          Free country Trevor, its a discussion forum not a closed Biante Kiss up.

Maybe if you did not feel the need to comment about every reply or thread that some people write about Biante Products then some of us would not be so negative towards you. What its about, it must be what I said about the commodores in a thread on the weekend because I have not been contributed for weeks.

If it is where is the negativity in stating the facts. Did I defame your company NO. Grow up, listen to what your customers are saying instead of telling us what you want us to hear.
                          As there is a decent thread operating around our comments, I will keep it short.

If you think that to answer "Biante" in reply to the thread question "What cheeses you off" is not insulting, derogatory and not in the interest of anyone but you (for some reason), then maybe its a good thing that you havent contributed for weeks.

We, more than anyone, listen to our customers, especially those who make constructive suggestions on the Forums.

You appear to have an axe to grind towards Biante and I am no longer inclined to provide you the means whereby you can complain about everything we do.

You will no doubt have some non beneficial comment to make about this answer, but please email me direct..and let the Forum members get on with their discussions.

Comment

Oh, & what cheese me off is W.nkers parking cars in the (badly needed) Loading Zones!

Comment

Goblues & Steve,
                              It still gets back to why my son was pulled over on those two occasions. The reason given....obstruction of vision...........which has led to this post. I was under the impression that in NSW anyway, crap hanging from your mirror etc was illegal, but you see dozens of cars daily with 'obstructions' like this!!
                              I may have to hang a bunch of banannas from my mirror and see if I get stopped...........I might contact A Current Affair first though!

Comment

Working...
                              X