Dinkum Classics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinkum Classics

What's the deal with them... are they still in business? As far as I can tell they no longer have a website.

stopped in 2000 I think, 1/24 Mad Max was the last one.

Comment

As far as I know, I think they may have pulled the plug. Hard to compete with 1/43 relatively basic models against the likes of Biante & CCs for the 'Aust models' market when the last 2 mentioned are putting out models with pretty much all the goodies, for comparable money. I still have a couple of Mustangs & XBs to remind me of 'The Good Old days' when models of Australian built cars were as scarce as chooks teeth & cost about the same !!

Comment

I have over 60 1:43 made by Dinkum Classics.I started buying them back in the late 70's.I remember thinking that $19.95 was a lot to pay for a model car.What a shame there still not produced.A great loss to the model car industry.

Comment

My two most treasured models in my collection are my two DJR XD and XE Falcons built by Dinkum in the early '80's..

I drooled over the adverts in the magazines of the time & it took me 20 years to be able to afford to get them.
          Availability & condition being the biggest factor there I suppose.

It's a real shame to hear that they are closed up, I'm sure that they started the diecast dream for a lot of us here.

Ed

Comment

dinkum were my first introduction to the model game ( I have had therapy, and deleted trax from the memory )
            I have all the Brock bathurst winners and some sister cars, they were good at the time, but looking back...bloody dear $175 ea for a 1:43.

Comment

I haven't seen their other stuff, but the MM2 Interceptor impresses the hell outta me! Glad I was able to find one.

It's even got the little booby-trap under the gas tank!

Comment

Anybody willing to share some photos of their Dinkum cars that are missing from my website

https://lowy44.wixsite.com/dinkumclassics

Comment

Working...
                X