Lego thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lego thread

Given that many of us have played with Lego, I am truly surprised there is no Lego thread.

I reckon if Rascot played with Lego, imagine his various creations? I dont think his partner would be too impressed if he took Lego up!

To kick this one off, some dude has done a Lego Futurama theme.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/06/ma...-york-in-lego/

Some shots of Legoland, in Windsor, England when I went there in Sept '08 - Only a small sample of whats there..

The amount of detail in these are stunning - well worth looking at if your ever in Southern England..

Comment

impressive that the lego is outdoors.

i reckon they must be glued together!

Comment

Originally posted by edy View Post
        impressive that the lego is outdoors.

i reckon they must be glued together!
        I'd say so Ed,

Some of the Boats, vehicles, trains, and structures such as the London Eye actually moved as well........very Impressive - I thought it would be a bit childish, and was hesitant about going, but was well worth it in the end.

Comment

I like the Lego house that they made on James Mays toy stories (or whatever its called). To build a two story house out of it was pretty impressive. Although I sure wouldn't want to live in one.

Comment

my "son" has a few Lego toys, mostly from the City range. i convert the cars and trucks to RHD when i build them for him.

Comment

I love Lego! There it's out there. I'm out and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by spolyhronidis View Post
                my "son" has a few Lego toys, mostly from the City range. i convert the cars and trucks to RHD when i build them for him.
                did you get them complianced spolly

Comment

Originally posted by GLENN L View Post
                  did you get them complianced spolly
                  yeah, i just happen to know an engineer who will do the report for me, no problems.

Comment

I gave all my lego to my nephew and niece, surprisingly they've kept it all intact..
                    But its so expensive these days too..

Anyone from Sydney remember the Lego Center at Birkenhead Point in the 80's?
                    Used to love that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogs View Post
                      I gave all my lego to my nephew and niece, surprisingly they've kept it all intact..
                      But its so expensive these days too..

Anyone from Sydney remember the Lego Center at Birkenhead Point in the 80's?
                      Used to love that place.
                      i went there when i was a kid, 26 now, but i have 2 60L plastic containers full of lego from when i was a kid that sits in my parents garage.. must be worth a small fortune now.

next time i go out to the country to my parents property il get the photos and post them up of what it used to be like at Birkenhead point (closed when i was like 9 or 10 i think..

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzy029 View Post
                        i went there when i was a kid, 26 now, but i have 2 60L plastic containers full of lego from when i was a kid that sits in my parents garage.. must be worth a small fortune now.

next time i go out to the country to my parents property il get the photos and post them up of what it used to be like at Birkenhead point (closed when i was like 9 or 10 i think..

that would be awesome.

Comment

I remember back in the 1980's annually, Myer in Brisbane used to have a 'World Lego Show'.

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by edy View Post
                            I remember back in the 1980's annually, Myer in Brisbane used to have a 'World Lego Show'.

Awesome!
                            Same at Grace Bros. in Sydney. My Mum actually found the accompanying books in the shed at her house. Still with stickers intact. One was the Egyption theme and the other was Jungle theme. I remember one year they had a giant FJ Holden made out of Lego. Memories from the coldness of my mind, watercolour memories......

That reminds me I still have all my Lego in a large plastic garbage bin in my garage ready to pass onto my son when he's old enough.
                            Last edited by fatty; 22-07-2010, 03:46 PM. Reason: Add extra

Comment

I did a google search on Lego World Shows.

http://www.brickset.com/miscellaneous/LEGOWorldShows/

Someone actually scanned some pictures in.

Awesome! Brings back memories.

I got heaps of Technic.

I got the :
                              Technic Silver Arrows F1 / Silver truck
                              BMW.F1.Williams JPM/Ralf Schumacher F1 car
                              Ferrari Enzo
                              Ferrari F1 car

Comment

Working...
                              X