Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you miss from the "Good Ol' Days"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you miss from the "Good Ol' Days"?

Irrespective of your age the older you get the more things change..... What do YOU miss from the "Good Ol' Days"?

I remember when I could go to the Rose Bay Boat Ramp with some mates and sit on the edge with a big cork spool fishing line and catch little fish. Great memories of the "Good Ol' Days"....... now it's 2013 and it's illegal unless you have a FISHING LICENCE!

Your turn....

Comment

Oh I have one more. This will show my age... I can remember when you could buy slingshots at the local newsagent.

Comment

Super at 45cp/l.

Comment

I miss being a kid without a care in the world having fun, playing sports etc etc ahhh the good ole days

Comment

I miss stockpiling fireworks which went on sale in corner stores & newsagents about 3 weeks before "Cracker Night".

Comment

Capt. America ice poles, 2 marbles for a cent, matchbox cars for .40 cents, Valiant Chargers and touring cars made from real cars.

Comment

50 cents or a dollar buying you the biggest supply of lollies that would normally last a week.

Comment

No mobile phones.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenhrt View Post
                    50 cents or a dollar buying you the biggest supply of lollies that would normally last a week.
                    5 cents used to buy a bag of mixed lollies, in my day. i miss the days when street lights would actually turn off at night.

Comment

yeah but 5 cents only got me a small bag. 50 cents got me something the size of a large lunchbox full. The old man also suggested when he could fill up his holden for under $5 as well

Comment

Originally posted by stephenhrt View Post
                        The old man also suggested when he could fill up his holden for under $5 as well
                        That's a lot of lollies.

Comment

Street cricket, it used to bring the neighbourhood together,
                          Bonfires around cracker night.
                          Freedom, go anywhere, do anything as long as you back by dark or the wooden spoon would come out.......them were the days.
                          Very little technology.

on more.

Milk was available in bottles.
                          Last edited by pitcrew; 25-11-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Sitting in the back of the theatre rolling Jaffas down the wooden floor. Steps were even better.

Comment

Originally posted by pitcrew View Post
                              Street cricket, it used to bring the neighbourhood together,
                              Bonfires around cracker night.
                              Freedom, go anywhere, do anything as long as you back by dark or the wooden spoon would come out.......them were the days.
                              Very little technology.

on more.

Milk was available in bottles.
                              Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end.....
                              We knew every kid in the neighborhood/suburb, and in post war, baby boom, Southside Brisbane, there was an awful lot of us. 40-50 kids in a class at school. Great times we had, usually doing things that we would freak out at, if we caught our kids doing now. As you said, the freedom was the biggest thing. We were out all the time and our parents weren't concerned, as long as we turned up by dark. Oh, and the cracker nights....... There were often a lot of neighborhood scores settled around that time of year, blowing up letter boxes etc. and the big neighborhood bonfires....great times.

Comment

Working...
                              X