Pedders suspension on a VE Commodore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedders suspension on a VE Commodore.

Has anyone had any experience with Pedders suspension on a VE Commodore?

All my MRC shocks are leaking oil and thumping (105,000km) on my GTS, and quoted genuine replacements around $5000 plus installation.

Pedders fully adjustable Coil Overs installed and wheel alignment a touch over $2600

I think I know which way to sway, but would like to hear any advice or stories...

HDT337

I can't give you any advice on your issue, but head over to the just commodores forum, the guys and gals are great for advice!! I have been a member for a few years and they have been very helpful with my VZ sv6..

www.justcommodores.com.au

Comment

Are you looking to lower the car at all or just change the shocks, also I gather you're not fussed about losing the MRC function? For roughly $2600, you could get a nice set of Bilstein shocks with eibach/H&R springs (not coilovers though) or a set of Tein adjustable coilovers (which range between $1500-$2700) both of which I'd pick any day over pedders. I've got Bilsteins in my ute for reference and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzy029 View Post
        I can't give you any advice on your issue, but head over to the just commodores forum, the guys and gals are great for advice!! I have been a member for a few years and they have been very helpful with my VZ sv6..

www.justcommodores.com.au
        Thanks for that, I had done a bit of a forum search and read a few different things about the topic.

HDT337

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman77 View Post
          Are you looking to lower the car at all or just change the shocks, also I gather you're not fussed about losing the MRC function? For roughly $2600, you could get a nice set of Bilstein shocks with eibach/H&R springs (not coilovers though) or a set of Tein adjustable coilovers (which range between $1500-$2700) both of which I'd pick any day over pedders. I've got Bilsteins in my ute for reference and love them.
          I wouldn't mind lowering it an inch, MRC...Pffft. I have already had one shock replaced under warranty and a bit over 2 years and its leaking and thumping again. I don't think Holden/HSV have done much to revise the front end issues with the VE, hence why I'm willing to try after market this time.
          I did look at Tein coil overs but they didn't come with the bearing tops and mounts.
          I guess I have been swayed a bit with their sales hype saying they have a more heavy duty bearing /mount than OEM which is a common wearing part, (mine are flogged) and the fact they have a simple payment plan. That's a factor when the car is also due for F/R rotors and pads as well.

HDT337

Comment

I know the pedders XA coilovers have been known to start leaking after around 18 months as well, but in the end its up to you. I'd go the teins with whiteline or superpro top mounts if it were me. Most walkinshaw dealers also do a drive in drive out service too for the record and generally use a Bilstein/Eibach combo.

Comment

i use to own a pedders franchise and i also had extreme xa's in my ve, only because the business payed for them and to use as a selling tool, they are made by a company called bc coil overs.
              i didn't think a hell of a lot of them, after putting the second rhr shock in it under warranty, i through them in the bin. as well as changing a lot of costomers as well.
              like Sandman77 said put the bilstein and a coil set up in it, i put them in mine with king springs, and imo the ride and handeling will blow away any coil over on the market execpt for maybe drummond motorsport.
              i will say there rubber bearing plate is great, imo a polyurethane one is a little to hard and can damage the towers.
              Last edited by GLENN L; 13-02-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

As Glenn said Pedders coilovers are rubbish. Pay a little more and get some quality

Comment

Working...
                X