Jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs

What do people think of the fact that we import labour to do the jobs on this list i know we would have a shortage of some of the occupations but there are jobs on there such as driving instructor nurses fitter and turners welders etc.
    https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
    What do people think of the fact that we import labour to do the jobs on this list i know we would have a shortage of some of the occupations but there are jobs on there such as driving instructor nurses fitter and turners welders etc.
    https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL
    It actually sickens me, I don't think it matters which government is in power, they are both succeeding at ruining the country.

HDT337

Comment

Originally posted by HDT337 View Post
      It actually sickens me, I don't think it matters which government is in power, they are both succeeding at ruining the country.

HDT337
      Exactly neither party seems to realise what their policys are doing to people down at ground level and if they keep going as they are they will eventually push this country into third world status. But what do they care they will always have the bottomless pit of money to draw on.

Comment

I think it's generally a good thing. If there is a shortage in an area, get skilled immigrants in to fill the gaps and grow the economy. that should be done alongside extensive retraining programs to make it easier for locals to reskill and take some of the in-demand jobs.

What concerns me much more is how much money multinational companies get away with not paying. Working people have to pay taxes. So should the rich. Much bigger issue than skilled workers being imported from abroad IMO.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/feder...19-goa6o2.html

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty sickening the way successive governments have allowed big companies to get away with their tax minimization, when the rest of us are expected to carry the can. I think most fair minded people just want this mythical "level playing field" adopted in relation to taxation. Our present PM of course, is guilty of doing the same with his offshore dalliances with tax havens and the like. If we all adopted this arrangement with paying tax, there'd be nothing in the kitty.
          On the subject of overseas workers taking jobs, I think it's more of a case of unskilled labor being brought in, getting paid poor wages, having to work with third world safety conditions, and being forced to keep quiet to retain their positions or getting shafted. Whatever happened to all these industry watchdogs that were supposed to stop all the cowboys? If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd swear that that they were all gotten rid of, so that the big companies who pay into the political parties slush funds can have a free run and get away with whatever they want.

Comment

Working...
          X