What else do you collect ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else do you collect ?

I have a decent coin colection at my parents place thats been around for 20 odd years , theres coins and notes from all over the world but its not really setup properly.
    Also have 4 phones from 1930s that came from family farm , I cleaned them up and god only knows what there worth these days !!
    Also have a mint condition poker machine thats estimated to be from 66-71 as its 20c and cant really be any older , not sure what thats worth either.

Anyone else care to share some unique collections ?

over the years as a maintenance carpenter i managed to collect / horde quite a few old items that people were throwing out.
    as a lot of this took up space it was sold off , funding most of my model collection.
    eg old white bakerlite telephone with dail that didn't work sold for $200. 5 yrs back,old travellers trunk , looked like a pirates chest sold 4 yrs back $150 etc.
    still have an old clothes iron powered by kerosine and some old airline memorabilia, small railway scales and other stuff that i have forgotten about and stored in my dads shed.
    nearly forgot about the 5 copper fire extinguishers that got me into this hobby they were sold and brought my first biante a 65e and the factory model of a fokker F27 that i swapped for a track red XYGTHO 1/18 scale
    Last edited by hobby; 30-12-2007, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I collect Brock, Bradman, and now Brabham. mostly new stuff no old antiques. I also got a few Corvette items and other sports stuff.

Comment

I collect disney cars, the simpsons, nrl sharks memorabilia and anything Brock/HDT

Comment

I collect Stubby holders and Fridge magnets from places I have visited. I also collect 1/400 scale diecast airliners but I've restricted it to aircraft I have actually flown on.

So, off to ebay to find an Air New Zealand Boeing 777-200 Model

Comment

I collect replica Stars Wars props and costumes

Comment

Im a massive Jack Daniels collector.. From stubby holders to light boxes to a V8 supercar bonnet, ive collected heaps over the years..

Comment

Stubby holders and anything Brock/HDT or Walkinshaw.
                I also collect broken Torana's, according to my wife. LOL

Comment

Just started collecting NASCAR models. Got 3 so far, long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by minh427 View Post
                    Just started collecting NASCAR models. Got 3 so far, long way to go.

A couple of 1:24 LE die cast cars. Only got them due to there disney cars logos.

Comment

What brand are they, Action or Team Caliber?

Comment

What brand are they, Action or Team Caliber?
                        scott riggs (10) - Action, 2508 made
                        Kyle busch (5) - motorsports authentics, which I think is the same as action, 360 made
                        Last edited by pitcrew; 01-01-2008, 08:36 AM. Reason: add photo

Comment

Motor sport caps [signed], Team flags,Bathurst programmes as well as cars [so iam a bit of a nut !!! ]

Comment

Originally posted by pitcrew View Post
                            scott riggs (10) - Action, 2508 made
                            Kyle busch (5) - motorsports authentics, which I think is the same as action, 360 made
                            I've won 2 cars on Ebay, still waiting for them to arrive. They're pretty cheap. I bought one for 19 bucks and i saw the exact same car at Sheriff's Minicars for 150.

Comment

I've won 2 cars on Ebay, still waiting for them to arrive. They're pretty cheap. I bought one for 19 bucks and i saw the exact same car at Sheriff's Minicars for 150.
                              I think I paid 8.00us for the blue box and somewhere around 10-12.00us mark for the yellow box.When working out total cost you must factor in postage and the conversion rate, still cheap. Buy bulk off the one seller saves a bundle on postage.
                              Most of the nascar teams change the paint styles for each race, One model from 07 may have 6 or 7 different variations, it would be a hard collection to complete and costly
                              Last edited by pitcrew; 01-01-2008, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X