Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241 LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2402

Thread: Display Cabinets

That's a phenomenal set up. Love them hanging on the walls!

I scored this today, another Bertby, looking for one more.

Bertby up

Looks like those cabinets are starting to creep into the rest of thr house

Stupid question time no.1: Are the Bertbies still available, i thought they were discontinued, so do you have a storage facility full of them or are you buying 2nd hand?

Stupid question time no.2: Are they meant to be recessed into the wall, and if so, does the front open in a way that the frame on the hinge side doesn't hit the wall?

Hi mate,

The Bertby has been gone for about 3 years, I bought 14 new and two on Gumtree for $50 each.
    I love this cabinet, as long as you don't over stuff it, 12 cars max.
    I like the clean and professional look they have. I rate them above most cabinets around for the price.

I don't think it will work in recess, because of the door, when you open it, it won't fully open.
    I can confirm that when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by <Jonboy> View Post
    Stupid question time no.1: Are the Bertbies still available, i thought they were discontinued, so do you have a storage facility full of them or are you buying 2nd hand?

Stupid question time no.2: Are they meant to be recessed into the wall, and if so, does the front open in a way that the frame on the hinge side doesn't hit the wall?
    They do look as though they have been designed to fit into the wall between wall studs!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    They do look as though they have been designed to fit into the wall between wall studs!
    Which, although they do look good on Mr Slickpig's wall, I reckon they would look much better recessed between wall studs, would be great when renovating a room including replacing gyprock. But I suspect, you wouldn't then be able able to open the door.

They will fit in a recess wall, but will not be flush with the wall, will need to be 20/30 mm sticking out, to allow for the door to fully open.

No so easy in Perth, all brick walls.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by <Jonboy> View Post
    Which, although they do look good on Mr Slickpig's wall, I reckon they would look much better recessed between wall studs, would be great when renovating a room including replacing gyprock. But I suspect, you wouldn't then be able able to open the door.
    There are hinges that will allow a flush fitting door like that to actually open.